About Allie Nimmons
Allie is a 30 year old, Austin-based, self-taught WordPress evangelist.
In 2014, after dropping out of theater school, Allie started teaching herself to code. She got her first internship in 2015, where she was introduced to WordPress. She spoke at her first WordCamp – WordCamp Miami – in 2017. Between 2016 to 2019, she built websites and provided WordPress support independently under the name Pixel Glow Web Design. She has spent time providing plugin support at GiveWP, being a speaker ambassador for GoDaddy Pro, leading the Community team at WP Buffs, and producing digital content for MasterWP.
She currently owns Beedia Productions LLC where she provides editing, voice-over, and production services to companies like Kinsta and WP 101. She is the instructor of the WordPress Essentials course on LinkedIn Learning. Through Beedia, Allie uses her knowledge of WordPress to teach others how to use it.
“Allie is fiercely dedicated to equity and inclusion in the tech community.” – Michelle Frechette
Underrepresented in Tech co-founder and podcast producer.
Allie works alongside Michelle Frechette to manage and market the Underrepresented in Tech database. She edits and publishes the UIT podcast and manages the website’s blog. The database currently contains 200 members and the database has over 10,000 downloads.
Author of WordPress Essentials on LinkedIn Learning.
To date Allie has written, designed, and recorded four courses for LinkedIn Learning. Her most popular course – WordPress Essential Training – has been taken by 20,000 students to date.
“An inspiring ace who is full of action.” – Nyasha Green
MasterWP (2022-2023) Digital Producer
- Press the Issue podcast
- MasterWP Workshop series
WP Buffs (2020-2021) Community Manager
- WP Buffs tutorial YouTube channel
GiveWP (2019-2020) Tech Support and Marketing
Pixel Glow Web Design (2018-2020) Owner, lead designer and developer
WP Women of Color Co-Organizer
WordCamp US 2022 Organizer
Projects and Partnerships
- WooCommerce Optimization Course
- How to Get Started as a WordPress Contributor
- 5 Easy Ways to Fix the “jQuery is Not Defined” Error
- How to Make Your WordPress Site Accessible
- Gutenberg vs. Page Builders
- How to Build a Shop Page with WooCommerce + Gutenberg
- Build Your WordPress Site in 5 Easy Steps
Pods Framework (video)
WP 101 (video)
“Allie is human coffee.” – David Bisset
These are all slides associated with talks I’ve given at WordPress meetups, WordCamps, and similar conferences.
- 4 Ways to Network and Connect as a Introvert
- Overhauling Your Website to Make it More Profitable
- Let’s Talk Plugins
- Does More Automation Mean More or Less Overwhelm
- Supercharging Your Maintenance Packages
- Common Misconceptions About Customer Support
- Five Ways to Make Your Projects and Events More Diverse
You can also watch recordings of talks and webinars I’ve given via the links below!
- WP Career Summit: The Importance of Culture Fit
- Laracon Online: Write Delightful Documentation
- WordCamp Boston: Does More Automation Mean More or Less Overwhelm
- Paid Memberships Pro: How to Build a Community for Your Membership Site
- WordCamp Kent: Common Misconceptions About Customer Support
- Training Tuesdays: Encouraging Diversity in Meetups and WordCamps
- WP Campus: 5 Ways to Make Your Projects and Events More Diverse
These are all the places where I regularly publish content, provide updates, and talk to others.