Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging Portfolio
Community Building & Leadership
Seeing a lack of diverse voices and topics in my space, I have used various platforms and resources in order to amplify not only my own voice but that of others.
Underrepresented in Tech
- I have grown the database over the course of 3 years to over 150 qualified individuals looking for jobs and other opportunities in tech.
- I have recorded and produced over 100 DEI focused episodes, reaching 10k listeners in three years.
- I wrote and delivered the paid 2-hour workshop to 30 attendees.
- The content focused on allyship practices and mindsets for leaders working in tech.
“This workshop is crucial for people in the tech space who can effectively use their own privilege for the greater good, if they so choose to.”
- I co-founded the BlackPress Slack community and grew it to over 150 members from 10 countries.
- I worked on recruitment, marketing, engagement, event planning, and conflict resolution within the group.
- I managed a team of eight instructors to produce one season of 6 workshops.
- The content reached 150 learners in 6 months and generated over $2,000 in revenue.
- Topics centered on using education through virutal events to build community around the WordPress open source project.
- I launched a new show, managing a team of six hosts and editors to produce 27 episodes, reaching 3,000 listeners in 6 months.
- Topics explored ideas, specific to the WordPress community like work life balance, pay equality, and more.
Talking & Teaching
My passion lays in teaching others, primarily virtually through video content. Much of the event talks and workshops I have developed focus on DEIB in tech, in the WordPress community and beyond.
- My five courses have reached 50,000 learners in 2 years.
- Courses maintain a 4.7-star rating average across five courses with 2,109 total ratings.
Occasionally, I turn to the written word to share more extensive thoughts, topics, and solutions when faced with complex DEI problems.